CINNAMON APPLE CRUMB CAKE (+my new setup!) (June 2019).
A classic cake is the apple crumble cake. Whether warm from the oven or cold on the hand: it is easy to make and incredibly delicious.
Apple crumble cake from the Old Country
Ingredients for about 12 pieces
For the batter:
- 150 g of soft butter
- 150 g of sugar
- finely grated peel of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 1/2 packet of baking powder
Also:$config[ads_text] not found
- 8 apples (eg Jonathan Gold)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- some sugar to sprinkle
For the crumble: 100 g soft butter, 100 g sugar, 200 g flour, 50 g almonds.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add lemon zest, salt and eggs one after the other. Mix flour and baking powder, add and stir briefly. Put the batter in a greased springform pan (26 cm Ø) and smooth it out.
- Peel, quarter and core apples. Distribute Apfelviertel on the dough, press lightly. Mix sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle half over the apples.
- Put the butter in little flakes, sugar, flour and sliced almonds in a bowl and rub them into coarse crumbs with your fingers. Sprinkle evenly over the apples. Distribute remaining cinnamon sugar on top. Bake in a hot oven (180 degrees, second bar from the bottom) for 60-70 minutes, possibly cover with baking paper in between. Allow to cool and sprinkle with a little sugar.
Also try our crumble cake recipes >>
Fancy new recipes? Our kitchen girls always try the hottest cooking and baking trends directly. Click here for their delicious recipes >>
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: