What could be better than delicious plum jam with sweet yeast buns? With this great recipe idea you can create a true palate pleasure.
For about 5 glasses (à 370 ml each) & 10 rolls
- 3 kg of plums
- 500 g of brown raw cane sugar
- 200 ml plum brandy (eg slivovitz)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 basic recipe yeast dough
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons hail sugar
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Wash the plums, halve, stone. Place in a large saucepan with sugar, plum brandy, cinnamon and star anise. Cut the vanilla pods lengthwise, scrape the pith out. Add pods and pith. Boil everything with stirring. Then let gently simmer for about 2 1/2 hours, stirring in between. Remove the vanilla pod, fill the sauce into prepared glasses, close immediately.
- Knead the dough again, divide into 10 pieces and shape into "loops" or mini pigtails. Let it rest on a baking tray covered with baking paper for about 15 minutes. Whisk egg yolks and milk, brush rolls with them. Sprinkle with hail sugar. Bake in the oven (180 degrees, center) for 12-15 minutes. Enjoy with plum jam.
Try our recipe for perfect plum cake >>