Sweetcorn Fritters and Yoghurt Dip - Gordon Ramsay (April 2019).
The Thai cuisine not only impresses with its variety, but above all with its unique taste sensations. You should absolutely try these small corn balls - of course with spicy chilli dip!
Recipe for corn fritters with mint, chili and iceberg lettuce
Ingredients for 6 servings
For the fritters
- 6 corncobs (à 200 g, cooked)
- 3 eggs (M)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (light)
- 1 small red chilli (gutted, chopped)
- 2 Kaffirlimettenblätter (very finely cut) or abrasion 1 organic lime
- 1/2 bunch of coriander (about 30 g, finely chopped)
- 1 piece of ginger (15 g, peeled, chopped)
- 1/2 cup of mint (20 g, finely chopped)
- about 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 240 g of flour
- 2 gestr. TL baking powder
also$config[ads_text] not found
- 1 l of vegetable oil to bake
- 1 iceberg lettuce (quartered)
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- Cut corn kernels with a knife. Puree half, mix with eggs and soy sauce. Add remaining whole grains, chili, lime leaves, coriander, ginger, mint and salt. Gradually add the flour and baking powder, the mixture should not flow from the tablespoon.
- Remove one level tablespoon of dough, fry portions in hot oil for 4-5 minutes, drain on kitchen paper. Remove the lettuce leaves, fry them with mint leaves, possibly some ginger and chilli jam serve.
Recipe for chili jam
5 small red chillies and 4 big banana pods (depending on sharpness gutted), 1 red pepper, 3 red medium onions, 1/2 lemongrass stick (peeled), 1 piece of ginger (thumb size), 2-3 cloves of garlic, everything chopped roughly, pureed in a blender. Fry in 125 ml of hot oil with stirring, add 125 g of palm sugar, caramelise. With about 1 teaspoon tamarind paste (stirred in 3-4 tablespoons hot water) and about 6 tablespoons fish or soy sauce season.