This chocolate cake with orange caramel and blueberry ice cream is outrageously sweet and delicious. Enjoy the recipe idea of Steffen Henssler!
Preparation time:1 hour
: 10 mins
Ingredients (for 3 persons)
For the orange caramel :
- 100 ml of orange juice
- triggered fillets of 1 orange
For the blueberry ice cream :$config[ads_text] not found
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 150 g of creme fraiche
- grated peel and juice of 1 organic lemon
- 1 hazelnut-sized piece of ginger
For the little ones :
- 180 g dark chocolate
(70% cocoa content)
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ -1/4 banana
- 2 tbsp almond sticks (as you like)
- mint tips
And otherwise :
- Sugar, powdered sugar
- Butter, flour, salt
- For the orange caramel in a pot, caramelise 4 tablespoons of sugar. Deglaze with orange juice and add the orange fillets. Cook everything over high heat for 3 minutes, remove from heat and put aside.
- For the ice-cream frozen berries, crème fraiche, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, lemon juice and a little lemon peel and grated ginger in the food processor or in a high mixing bowl with the hand blender to a pure ice cream puree. Season again and place in the freezer until served.
- For the cakes, preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Lay out a baking sheet with parchment paper, put 100 g of chocolate in it and melt in the oven for about 5 minutes. Remove and refrigerate the burnt chocolate until serving (do not turn off the oven).
- Lay out another baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease three rings or soufflé dishes (each approx. 8 cm in diameter) with butter, dust with flour and place next to each other on the tin. Melt 100 g of butter and the remaining 80 g of chocolate over the hot water bath, allow to cool briefly. Separate 2 eggs. Whip up 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks with 70 g of sugar until frothy and carefully fold into the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat the remaining 2 egg whites with 1 pinch of salt until stiff. Sift and mix 40 g of flour with the baking powder over the molten mass, then finish with the egg whites.
- Spread the mass about three quarters high on the rings. Peel and dice the banana, add 1-2 teaspoons of banana cubes to the mixture. Sprinkle the cakes at will with almond sticks and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, remove and serve immediately. Meanwhile, wash the mint tips and pat dry.
- To serve, grate the burnt chocolate on the plates or chop finely, sprinkle with the chopped mint and place 1 cup of ice each. Place the hot chocolate cake next to it, garnish with 1 mint leaf and put the orange caramel around it, then garnish with 1 tip of mint.