Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream "No Eggs" (April 2019).
This chocolate cake with orange caramel and blueberry ice cream is outrageously sweet and delicious. Enjoy the recipe idea of Steffen Henssler!
Preparation time:1 hour
: 10 mins
Ingredients (for 3 persons)
For the orange caramel :
- 100 ml of orange juice
- triggered fillets of 1 orange
For the blueberry ice cream :$config[ads_text] not found
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 150 g of creme fraiche
- grated peel and juice of 1 organic lemon
- 1 hazelnut-sized piece of ginger
For the little ones :
- 180 g dark chocolate
(70% cocoa content)
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ -1/4 banana
- 2 tbsp almond sticks (as you like)
- mint tips
And otherwise :
- Sugar, powdered sugar
- Butter, flour, salt
- For the orange caramel in a pot, caramelise 4 tablespoons of sugar. Deglaze with orange juice and add the orange fillets. Cook everything over high heat for 3 minutes, remove from heat and put aside.
- For the ice-cream frozen berries, crème fraiche, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, lemon juice and a little lemon peel and grated ginger in the food processor or in a high mixing bowl with the hand blender to a pure ice cream puree. Season again and place in the freezer until served.
- For the cakes, preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Lay out a baking sheet with parchment paper, put 100 g of chocolate in it and melt in the oven for about 5 minutes. Remove and refrigerate the burnt chocolate until serving (do not turn off the oven).
- Lay out another baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease three rings or soufflé dishes (each approx. 8 cm in diameter) with butter, dust with flour and place next to each other on the tin. Melt 100 g of butter and the remaining 80 g of chocolate over the hot water bath, allow to cool briefly. Separate 2 eggs. Whip up 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks with 70 g of sugar until frothy and carefully fold into the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat the remaining 2 egg whites with 1 pinch of salt until stiff. Sift and mix 40 g of flour with the baking powder over the molten mass, then finish with the egg whites.
- Spread the mass about three quarters high on the rings. Peel and dice the banana, add 1-2 teaspoons of banana cubes to the mixture. Sprinkle the cakes at will with almond sticks and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, remove and serve immediately. Meanwhile, wash the mint tips and pat dry.
- To serve, grate the burnt chocolate on the plates or chop finely, sprinkle with the chopped mint and place 1 cup of ice each. Place the hot chocolate cake next to it, garnish with 1 mint leaf and put the orange caramel around it, then garnish with 1 tip of mint.