This delicious fish dish is prepared in wok and comes from TV star chef Steffen Henssler. Only with crispy rösti and fresh cucumber salad is the dish complete.
Preparation time:50 minutes
Ingredients (for 3 persons)
For the salmon trout :
- 200 g of smoking meal (from the grill)
- 2 salmon trout fillets (about 80 g each, with skin)
For the cucumber salad :$config[ads_text] not found
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 stalks dill
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
For the rösti :
- 2 large floury-boiled potatoes (about 350 g)
- possibly 1 tbsp potato starch
For the eggs :
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 eggs
And otherwise :
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- Wok with matching grille insert and lid
- For the salmon trout, heat the smoked flour in the wok, stirring carefully once or twice. Meanwhile, wash the fish fillets and pat dry.
- For the cucumber salad, peel the cucumber, halve lengthways and remove the core. Then cut the cucumber halves into fine cubes. Wash the dill, pat dry and finely chop. Mix the cucumbers with crème fraîche and season with lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill.
- Peel the potatoes for the rösti, grate them roughly and place in a sieve. Press the potato water out of the potatoes and season the mixture with salt and pepper. If the potatoes are too moist, stir in 1 tablespoon of potato starch. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry 3 rösti. Remove and drain on kitchen paper, keep warm.
- For the eggs in a pot, boil 1.5 l of water with the vinegar. Using a whisk, make a strudel in vinegar water, whip up the eggs for poaching, and gradually insert into the rotating water with the ladle. Poach the eggs for 4 minutes, remove and drain.
- Light the smoking flour in the wok so that it burns all over the surface. Place the trout fillets on the skin side on the grid insert in the wok and into the smoke vapor. Remove the wok from the heat and let the salmon trout in it cover for 4 minutes. Then remove the fillets from the smoke, split lengthwise, remove from the skin and cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Z To serve on plates, place 1 rösti in the middle and place a few fish cubes and 1 poached egg. Distribute the cucumber salad over it.