Konigsberger Klopse | German Meatballs in a Lemon Caper Cream sauce | Kravings (April 2019).
Königsberger Klopse are gently cooked in a brew of meat broth and vinegar. Then it is cooked a spicy sauce with capers. All ingredients and preparation steps can be found in this recipe.
Königsberger Klopse with rice
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 1 roll (from the previous day)
- 600 g mixed hack
- 1 egg
- Pepper (mill)
- 1.5 l of broth
- 1$config[ads_text] not found
The main course is perfect, missing only a heavenly dessert. Here you will find the best dessert recipes!
small shot of vinegar
- 60 g of butter
- 60 g of flour
- 3 tablespoons capers
- about 5 tablespoons cream
- Soak rolls in water for 15-20 minutes, then squeeze well and grate.
- Put the hack into a bowl, knead it with soaked bread, egg and about 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Broth with a dash of vinegar in a large, wide pan to boil. Make 12 dumplings out of the minced meat dough with moistened hands. Add to the broth and let it simmer for about 20 minutes over low heat. Lift out the meatballs, sift the mixture, and measure 1 l of the brew.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan, dust with flour and sauté until golden yellow while stirring. Gradually add measured broth while stirring with the whisk, bring to the boil while stirring. Add capers, simmer sauce for about 15 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and let it steep for about 5 minutes. Stir in cream. Season to taste. Serve with rice.