Coconut oil is incredibly versatile and provides our body with great nutrients both inside and out. We give tips on how to use the valuable ingredients for your skin care and tell you which creams are easy to make yourself.
Some have the glass of coconut oil in the kitchen, the others in the bathroom: whether strained skin, dry hair or brittle lips - coconut oil is a real beauty miracle, nourishes in a very natural way and smells wonderful even after vacation. The coconut oil, extracted from coconut pulp, contains valuable antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals and premature aging and disease. The good: The body can absorb antioxidants from the outside - in this way, the oil can score in addition to its great properties as a food as the perfect skin food and the body to return the necessary moisture and protect against wrinkles and dull skin.$config[ads_text] not found
Coconut oil as a skin care: anti-aging and velvety skin
Coconut oil stimulates cell renewal and protects the skin from free radicals. Redness is alleviated and the skin is supplied with plenty of nutrients that counteract skin aging and give it back the necessary moisture. In addition to many important fatty acids, coconut oil can score with its strongest weapon: lauric acid. Lauric acid has an antibacterial effect, protects the skin from germs, bacteria and can also help with acne, irritated or impure skin. In this way, the oil relaxes the skin and gives it a fresh complexion.
Natural coconut oil - tips for use
Skincare has never been easier than with the tropical all-round talent. Because rather than the oil itself, it hardly needs to achieve a nourishing effect on dry skin and Co. The oil is available even in organic quality almost everywhere and not too expensive. With all the good qualities of care and food, it's worth buying a large glass of pure coconut oil. A little tip about this: Fill yourself a little bit of the oil and deposit it on the shower or the sink. So you have your moisturizing and anti-aging cream at hand. Incidentally, the fat is solid to about 23 degrees and immediately becomes liquid when we apply it, as it heats up by our hands.
Moist skin is particularly fast on the skin: just massage in a small amount after showering on damp skin. The result is not only a soft, supple skin, but a great, unobtrusive scent of coconut. If you use the beauty miracle for facial care, a small amount is enough, which you apply pure and leave a little bit to take effect. The oil is absorbed quickly - after about ten minutes you can still see it on the face, you should dab with a pad or cloth. By the way, you can also easily remove make-up. Just as practical: A teaspoon into the warm bath water nourishes the skin almost casually and gives it back the necessary moisture.
Skin care with coconut oil to make your own
Virgin coconut oil is wonderful for mixing facial care, hair treatments or scrubs at home. Anyone who makes his own skincare is currently in vogue, but he also has the advantage of knowing exactly what's inside the jar: pure natural ingredients without artificial additives!
Thanks to its antibacterial effect, coconut oil can also achieve a good deal in terms of dental health. We reveal how this works and what you should consider.
In any case there are no limits to creativity: As a hair care, make-up remover, bath additive, lip care and nail care or as a peeling and deodorant, organic coconut oil can be used wonderfully. Even for dental care, the all-rounder can be used thanks to its antibacterial effect and anti-inflammatory properties.
Beauty recipes with coconut oil
Body butter for dry skin, conditioner for hair care and much more you can easily make yourself - for yourself or as a gift.
Coconut Body Butter
Ingredients such as essential oils also contain valuable antioxidants and act against free radicals.
- 1 screw jar (125 ml)
- 50 g of coconut oil
- 50 g of cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tbsp argan oil
- 10 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Put the coconut oil with cocoa butter in a bowl and slowly melt in a hot water bath, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in almond and argan oil. Add essential oil.
- Fill everything in a glass, close and let cool. Apply thinly to the skin and massage in later. Holds about six months.
Scrub with coffee and coconut mix
The exfoliation removes old skin cells, stimulates the blood circulation and ensures a smooth, supple skin.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 20 g of ground coffee (coffee grounds for all recycling fans)
- 20 g salt
- 10 g of coconut blossom sugar
- Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan until it is liquid. Then mix coffee, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in the coconut oil with a fork
- The mix is enough for two applications. Simply rub once or twice a week on damp skin and lukewarm. Lasts about four weeks.
Massage oil with mix of essential oils
Depending on the season or taste can also be varied with cooling mint oil or refreshing lemon oil.
- 1 coconut oil
- 8 drops of orange oil
- 4 drops of cinnamon oil
Preparation: liquefy coconut oil and mix with the other oils, allow to cool and use immediately.
Lip care with coconut oil and honey
- 20 g of coconut oil
- 25 g shea butter, alternatively cocoa butter or beeswax
- ½ teaspoon honey
- a few drops of almond oil (not a must)
- small jars or cans
- Slowly melt the coconut oil along with the shea butter in a hot water bath. Important: do not boil and do not mix with water!
- Take the bowl out of the water bath, then add honey and almond oil, stir well and pour the mixture into the jars.
- Then let the cans cure for a few hours in the refrigerator.
Lip care with vanilla and coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax
- 1/4 vanilla bar
- Slowly melt the coconut oil with shea butter and wax in a hot water bath. Important: do not boil and do not mix with water!
- Slice the vanilla stick lengthwise, scrape the mark out and mix with coconut butter-wax mixture.
- Fill and refrigerate.