Maggie's Stay On Baby Booties Sewing Tutorial (June 2019).
These baby shoes are so cute that you would like to sew them on immediately!
- Floral fabric "Paperweight" by Coats, W 110 x approx. L 12 cm
- Cotton fabric in small patterned Vichykaro, z. B. von Charlotta's, B 140 x approx. L 12 cm
- Iron-on volume fleece H640, W 90 x approx. L 10 cm
- Rubber strand, B 0.5 x approx. L 6-8 cm
- suitable sewing thread, scissors, pins, pencil, measuring tape, ironing cloth
Cut out the cut pieces from the printed original.$config[ads_text] not found
From outer fabric (paperweight) and lining material (Vichykaro)
2 x the sole (of which 1 x opposite) plus around 0.5 cm seam allowance
2 x the foot part (in the material break) plus 0.5 cm seam allowance at the upper edge and the rounding
Made of fleece
2 x the sole (of which 1 x opposite) without seam allowance
2 x the foot part (in the material break) without seam allowance
1. For the upholstery of the soles and the foot parts, iron the volume fleece on the left side of the fabric. Tip: Use a pressing cloth and work only with moderate heat, so that the volume fleece is not ironed flat.
2. Place one sole piece with the corresponding chuck piece right side to the right, stick it in place and stitch together all around. To turn, leave an opening.
3. Cut back the seam allowances to approx. 0.2 cm, turn the parts, carefully iron the seam and close the opening.
4. Place one foot piece each with the appropriate chuck piece right to right, pin it down and stitch together all around. To turn, leave an opening.
5. Cut back the seam allowances to approx. 0.2 cm, turn the parts, carefully iron the seams and close the opening.6. The foot parts in the rear center (= break line, see also section) comply with rubber teat.
7. Sew the 3-4 cm long piece of rubber tether approx. 1 cm below the edge and sew on with a zigzag stitch.
8. On the sole and the foot part, mark the marking points for front and rear center, for abutment line and underride (see section).
9. Put the foot part right to the right, according to markings, on the sole.
10.Step together with 0.5 cm seam allowance and turn over.
11.For the second shoe, stitch together the foot pieces and sole as well.
We wish you a lot of fun and good luck!