A green smoothie for dessert is incredibly creamy and delicious. Marcus Schall, founder of "Super (good) food" reveals his personal recipe and shows how it works.
Ingredients Green Smoothie (for about 4 servings)
- 2 handful of baby spinach (alternatively leaf spinach or lamb's lettuce)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ½ pears
- 2-3 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Approximately 500ml coconut water
1. Wash spinach and pears, spin spinach
2. Peel or spoon the avocado
3. Quarter the pear and remove the cores, cut them into smaller pieces again
4. Core the dates
5. Pear, dates and avocado in the blender. Then add the salad on top
6. Add chia seeds and coconut water
7. Purée with a suitable blender for approx. 30-40 seconds, done.
- Most ingredients are processed unpeeled, so the use of organically grown ingredients is recommended.
- Chia Seeds, if necessary, soak in a little water for about 5-10 minutes. Background: Chia seeds absorb excellent fluid and thereby increase their volume many times over. This creates, among other things, a longer-term feeling of satiety. They also store the valuable coconut water electrolytes and slowly release them later.
- By using a ripe avocado, the smoothie gets a particularly creamy texture.
- Use as much cold coconut water and chilled fruit as possible - for a cool and refreshing summer dessert!