THE BEST EGG NOG CAKE WITH EGG NOG BUTTERCREAM |Holiday Series |Cooking With Carolyn (April 2019).
You want to impress your loved ones with a delicious cake? The eggnog cake is the epitome of a cake
Preparation time: approx. 2 hours
Baking time: 25-30 min.
Cooling time: overnight
- 300 g of cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 16 mocha beans
- about 100 ml of eggnog
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (hot air: 160 degrees). Beat eggs frothy, at the same time adding water by tablespoon. Pour in sugar while continuing to beat. Mix flour, coffee and cocoa powder, sift, fold. Fill the mass into a baking mold (28 cm Ø) laid out on the bottom with baking paper. Bake on the second rail from below for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain the morello cherries. Mix yoghurt, liqueur and powdered sugar. Dissolve soaked gelatine, stir in 3 tablespoons of the cream with a whisk. Then stir this mixture under the remaining cream. Keep cold until it begins to gel. Stir in the morello cherries. Beat the cream until stiff, fold in.
- Cut the biscuit bottom twice horizontally. Put the cake ring around the bottom. Give half of the cream.
- Put on the middle floor, press down a bit. Put the remaining cream, then the remaining soil. Keep cold overnight.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar, remove the cake ring. Brush cake with two-thirds of the cream all around. Pour remaining cream into a piping bag. First spray at the edge 16 dots, mokka beans sit on it. Then in the middle a cream ring (about 10 cm Ø) squirt. Add the eggnog.
Per piece: approx. 360 kcal ● 8 g protein ● 15 g fat ● 41 g carbohydrates
Try our recipe for the classic eggnog cake >>