The delicious Swiss apple pie with marzipan comes from our food editor Kerstin Görn: "This cake was baked by my sister Edna for me when I visited her for the first time. She lives with her husband Thomas in the idyllic Rorschach in Switzerland. ". A Swiss original so. We wish a good appetite!
Ingredients for 12 pieces of apple pie
Ingredients for the dough:
- 250 g of soft butter
- 250 g of sugar
- 5 eggs (M)
- 250 g flour
- 1/2 packet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the topping:$config[ads_text] not found
- 3 medium-sized apples (eg Elstar)
- 200 g marzipan raw material
- 75 g of powdered sugar
- 1 egg (M)
- 30 g almond flakes
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Beat butter and sugar creamy in a food processor. Stir in eggs one after the other. Mix flour, baking powder and salt, add and stir in briefly (about 1 minute).
- Lay out the bottom of a springform pan (24-26 cm Ø) with baking paper. Add the dough and smooth.
- Peel apples, quarter and remove the core. Cut the quarters in columns, distribute them in a fan-like manner on the dough, keeping approx. 2 cm from the edge. Finally, with the palm of your hand, press the apple slices into the dough. Bake cake on the bottom rail for approx. 30 minutes.
- Stir between marzipan paste, powdered sugar and egg until smooth. Fill mass into a piping bag with star grommet. Take out cake, sprinkle a grid on the cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake cake for approx. 20 minutes, possibly cover with baking paper in between. The marzipan will turn brown quickly. Remove the cake and allow to cool. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Difficulty level: medium
Preparation time: approx. 30 minutes
Baking time: approx. 50 minutes
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: