Chorizo & Cannellini Bean Stew (May 2019).
The spicy Spanish paprika sausage brings spice.
FOR 4 PORTIONS:
200 g of dried cannellini beans (gives about 500 g of cooked beans)
- 6-7 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 peeled shallot
- 1 onion
- 150 g Chorizo extra picante (spicy Spanish sausage)
- grated peel of 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Piment d'Espelette, pepper (mill)
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped smooth parsley
- 6 slices of ciabatta
Preparation:$config[ads_text] not found
- Soak the dried beans overnight in plenty of cold water. Then bake cold and cover generously in a pot with water. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 clove of garlic and the shallot. Boil beans for 60-80 minutes. Then salt.
- Peel the onion, finely dice. Cut the chorizo into thin slices. Roast crispy in a pan. Add the onion cubes, sauté briefly. Drain the beans, season with chorizo, onion, lemon zest, Piment d'Espelette, pepper, vinegar, herbs and 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Dice the slices of bread, fry with 2 cloves of garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until golden brown. Lift the bread cubes under the salad.
PREPARATION TIME: about 2 hours
SOAKING TIME: overnight
PRO PORTION: approx. 480 kcal, 15 g protein, 29 g fat, 34 g carbohydrates