For children and adults a filling dish: The Moroccan chickpea stew.
For 2 portions:
- 1 piece of red onion
- 1 tbsp Ras el-Hanout
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 250 g of passed tomatoes
- 2 pieces of red pepper
- 1 piece of zucchini
- 260 g of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml of water
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- Peel and dice the onion. Heat the olive oil in a pan, fry the onion and add the sugar. Wash the zucchini and cut into cubes of about 0.5 cm. Cut the peppers in half, corer them, wash them and cut them into fine cubes as well.
- Mix the spices, add to the onions in the pan and deglaze with the water. Now add the pureed tomatoes and let the whole thing boil briefly. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chickpeas.
- Simmer the stew for about 30 minutes, season again.
- Finally, add the zucchini cubes and the diced peppers and bring to a boil again (about 6 minutes, if you like the vegetables a bit crunchier, then cook a little shorter). If necessary, taste again.
- Arrange the chickpea stew on deep plates and serve.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 40 min.
PRO PORTION: approx. 248 kcal • 11 g protein • 7 g fat • 41 g carbohydrates
Is not the food ready yet? Play our biplane game "main dishes":