Enjoy Mediterranean flair at home with the recipe for Tuscan fish soup. Cornelia Poletto's recipes are refined, but still good to boil.
Tuscan fish soup (Cacciucco)
Preparation time: approx. 3 hours
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
For the fish fund:
- 1 kg sea fish carcasses (eg red mullet, Dorade, Loup de mer etc.)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 fennel tuber
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper,
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- about 10 saffron threads
- 150 ml of white wine
- 50 ml each of Pernod and Noilly Prat
For the olive mashed potatoes:$config[ads_text] not found
- 250 g of floury cooking potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 black olives (pitted)
- cayenne pepper
- 250 g each of Venus and mussels
- 1 kg of sea fish fillet (eg Loup de mer, red mullet)
- 2 tbsp tarragon (finely chopped)
- Rinse carcasses thoroughly under cold water, drain.
- Wash and clean the peppers and fennel.
- Remove onions and garlic, dice.
- Clean chili, cut in half.
- Fry in a large saucepan in hot oil for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add fennel seeds, saffron and carcasses, cover for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Deglaze with wine, Pernod and Noilly Prat, let it boil down.
- Add 2 l of cold water, bring to the boil and froth with a skimmer.
- Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour without lid.
- Remove from heat and let cover for 30 minutes.
- Pour the fish stock through a strainer lined with a cheesecloth and let it cook in half.
- Remove 100 ml, reduce to half (about 5 tablespoons) again.
- For the puree, cook the potatoes with the shell in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain, peel and crush.
- Stir with the 5 tablespoons fish stock and oil until creamy. Chop olives, fold in.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Wash mussels.
- Discard specimens that do not close when touched.
- Cut the fish fillet into pieces.
- Boil remaining stock.
- Add the mussels, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Take out, throw away closed shells.
- To taste the rear.
- Add fish fillet, let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels again.
- Spread the soup on a plate and add a little olive mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with tarragon
In addition: roasted ciabatta.
450 kcal, 18 g protein, 22 g fat, 27 g carbohydrates
Here you can download the recipe: