Swordfish a la plancha (May 2019).
Enjoy Mediterranean flair at home with the recipe for Tuscan fish soup. Cornelia Poletto's recipes are refined, but still good to boil.
Tuscan fish soup (Cacciucco)
Preparation time: approx. 3 hours
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
For the fish fund:
- 1 kg sea fish carcasses (eg red mullet, Dorade, Loup de mer etc.)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 fennel tuber
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper,
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- about 10 saffron threads
- 150 ml of white wine
- 50 ml each of Pernod and Noilly Prat
For the olive mashed potatoes:$config[ads_text] not found
- 250 g of floury cooking potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 black olives (pitted)
- cayenne pepper
- 250 g each of Venus and mussels
- 1 kg of sea fish fillet (eg Loup de mer, red mullet)
- 2 tbsp tarragon (finely chopped)
- Rinse carcasses thoroughly under cold water, drain.
- Wash and clean the peppers and fennel.
- Remove onions and garlic, dice.
- Clean chili, cut in half.
- Fry in a large saucepan in hot oil for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add fennel seeds, saffron and carcasses, cover for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Deglaze with wine, Pernod and Noilly Prat, let it boil down.
- Add 2 l of cold water, bring to the boil and froth with a skimmer.
- Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour without lid.
- Remove from heat and let cover for 30 minutes.
- Pour the fish stock through a strainer lined with a cheesecloth and let it cook in half.
- Remove 100 ml, reduce to half (about 5 tablespoons) again.
- For the puree, cook the potatoes with the shell in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain, peel and crush.
- Stir with the 5 tablespoons fish stock and oil until creamy. Chop olives, fold in.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Wash mussels.
- Discard specimens that do not close when touched.
- Cut the fish fillet into pieces.
- Boil remaining stock.
- Add the mussels, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Take out, throw away closed shells.
- To taste the rear.
- Add fish fillet, let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels again.
- Spread the soup on a plate and add a little olive mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with tarragon
In addition: roasted ciabatta.
450 kcal, 18 g protein, 22 g fat, 27 g carbohydrates
Here you can download the recipe: