Sicilian Fennel and Orange Salad (May 2019).
With this recipe, even the vegetable critics will discover their love of fennel among them. The light salad from the vitamin-rich root and orange not only tastes incredibly delicious, but also makes you slim. Try now!
If the orange fennel salad makes you want more delicious, light recipes, try our cauliflower salad or a simple, but tasty colorful salad. Fans of vegetarian cuisine will love our quinoa tofu salad!
Orange and fennel salad
Ingredients (for 4 people) :$config[ads_text] not found
- 4 big oranges
- 3 tubers of fennel
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pine nuts (as you like)
- salt and pepper
- First wash the fennel thoroughly and remove the stalk. Then cut it into fine strips.
- Cut the onion into thin rings and add to the fennel.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the fennel and the onion.
- Peel the oranges and divide them into their orange fillets. Be sure to completely remove the white skin to avoid a bitter aftertaste. We recommend cutting the skin thoroughly with a knife.
- Catch the orange juice and add it to the fennel. Then place the orange fillets on top. Already a simple, delicious salad is conjured - good appetite!
Our tip:Garnish the finished salad with roasted pine nuts - they taste especially delicious in combination with the oranges! In addition, a fresh, warm ciabatta bread or baguette fits perfectly with the orange-fennel salad.
Similarly easy to digest are our recipes from Almased - low carb, but delicious!