"I discovered this delicacy in a café on the 'Cours Saleya' in the old town of Nice and baked it for you." - FOR YOU Editor Kerstin Görn
FOR ABOUT. 12 PCS:
For the dough:
- 300 g of flour
- 200 g soft butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 apples (peeled and quartered)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100 g of sugar
- 100 ml Calvados
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 5 egg yolks
- 30 g almond flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preparation:$config[ads_text] not found
- Knead dough pieces, wrapped in foil, leave to cool for 1 hour. Roll out dough (approx. 32 cm Ø). Tarteform (28 cm Ø) to lay out, forming an edge. Pierce the soil, allow to freeze in the mold for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bake for about 10 minutes on a medium rack. Do not switch off the oven.
- Dice half of the apple quarters, cook with butter and 3 tablespoons of water to compote. Mix the rest in columns with 50 g of sugar and calvados.
- Distribute the compote on the pre-baked ground. Give apple slices on it. Stir crème fraîche, remaining sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Sprinkle with almond flakes. Bake on a medium rack for 25-30 minutes. Let cool down. Dust with powdered sugar.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 40 minutes
COOLING TIME: about 1 hour
FREEZE TIME: approx. 30 minutes
BAKING TIME: 35-40 minutes