The fruits are caramelized under the grill.
Ingredients (9 pieces):
For the dough :
- 125 g of flour
- 80 g soft butter
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 l of milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (30 g)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 250 g of creme fraiche
- 100 g of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 10 apricots
- 5 tbsp sugar
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Mix the flour, soft butter, sugar and salt with the hand mixer. Form into a flat ball. When wrapped in foil, chill for 1 hour, then roll out between two sliced freezer bags (about 26 x 26 cm).
- Shape (23 x 23 cm) with dough. Pierce several times, freeze for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (top and bottom heat). Bake frozen dough on medium rack for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool and trigger.
- For the cream, stir in 4 tbsp milk with cornstarch. Bring the vanilla cheese, remaining milk, crème fraîche and sugar to a boil, remove from heat and leave for 10 minutes. Add the stirred starch and simmer for about 3 minutes while stirring. Add the egg yolks, bring to the boil while stirring. Spread the cream lukewarm on the pastry tray, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Switch on the grill. Wash the apricots, pat dry, halve, stone. Dip with the cut surface in sugar and place with the sweetened side up on the plate. Caramelise on medium plate for 7-9 minutes. Remove, allow to cool, distribute on cream. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 30 minutes
COOLING TIME: approx. 51/2 hours
PER PIECE: about 370 kcal, 5 g protein, 20 g fat, 42 g carbohydrates
A must for every apricot fan: our apricot jam >>
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: