Christmas Angel Wings - Polish Chrusciki - Christmas Bow Ties Recipe (April 2019).
Full pampering aroma with a touch of nostalgia
Ingredients (for 12 pieces)
For the dough
• 250 g flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 100 g of ground poppy
• 225 g of sugar
• grated peel of 1 small organic lemon
• 150 g of liquid butter
• 150 g whole milk yoghurt
• 3 eggs (size M)
For the crumble
• 25 g Amarettini (Italian almond macaroons)
• 150 g of flour
• 75 g of sugar
• 100 g soft butter
• 1 jar of shadow morels
Our delicious FOR YOU poppyseed recipes
Fancy more baking ideas with delicious poppy seeds? Then we highly recommend the following recipes:
☞ poppy cheesecake
☞ poppy seed cake chocolate droplets
☞ poppy cupcakes
Many other recipes with poppy can be found here >> at our colleagues of Küchengötter.de
Mix flour, baking powder and poppy seeds in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, lemon peel, butter, yoghurt and eggs and whisk everything with the whisk of the mixer.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (hot air: 160 degrees). Cover bottom of springform pan (28 cm Ø) with baking paper. Close the edge of the mold, cut off the overlapping paper around it. Fill in the prepared dough and smooth it out.
- Put Amarettini in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Put the amarettini crumbs, flour, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and knead with the dough hooks of the hand mixer to a crumbly mass. Put the morello cherries on a colander, allow to drain (use the juice elsewhere).
- Spread the shadow morels on the dough in the mold, while pressing in a bit. Form the sprinkles with your hands a little thicker and give. Bake cake on the second tray from the bottom for 45-50 minutes. Remove, allow to cool in the form on a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar as desired.
Per piece: approx. 490 kcal ● 8 g protein ● 23 g fat ● 57 g carbohydrates
Preparation time: approx. 45 min.
Baking time: 45-50 min.
Try this recipe for crumble cake once >>
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: