A tempting tradition directly from beautiful Sweden. The cake made of fruity strawberries, sweet lemon cream and an airy dough is specially served at the summer solstice. But we can assure you: This fruity creation can be enjoyed all summer long!
Recipe for Swedish Midsommar cake with strawberries
- 175 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 35 g cornstarch
- 40 g of flour
- 400 ml whipped cream
- 4 leaves of gelatin
- Abrasion and juice of 1 organic lemon
- 500 g strawberries
- 55 g roasted almond flakes
- 1 packet of pies clear
- 50 ml of water
- Butter and breadcrumbs for the mold
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Grease baking tin (Ø 24 cm / 26 cm) and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Beat 3 eggs with 85 g of sugar over a hot water bath with a whisk or hand mixer to a firm foam. The water temperature should be about 60 degrees. Remove the saucepan from the hob and allow to cool while stirring.
- Flour and starch into the egg cream seven.
- Pour the dough into the mold and bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees on the bottom rail for about 20 minutes. Then allow the cake to cool.
- Beat 200 ml of cream for the lemon cream until stiff and chill.
- Place the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Beat 1 egg with 85 g of sugar until foamy, add lemon grated.
- Dissolve the gelatine leaves with the lemon juice in a pan at low temperature with stirring. Remove the pot from the plate, add a few tablespoons of the egg mass and stir until smooth. Then add the gelatine mixture to the rest of the egg mass and stir. Stir in the whipped cream.
- Remove the cooled cake from the mold and divide into two trays. Clean the springform and lay it out with baking paper. Lay out the floor with a cardboard disc for more stability when decorating.
- Read the berries, wash and slice half of the strawberries.
- Place the bottom of the cake in the dish and pour half of the lemon cream on top. Distribute the strawberry slices on top. Place the second cake base and spread the remaining lemon cream on it. Smooth again. Then place the whole strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 1 to 2 hours until the cream is firm.
- Remove the cake from the tin, remove the baking paper and place on a cake plate with a cardboard disc.
- Beat 200 ml of cream until stiff and then brush the sides of the cake.
- Carefully press the almonds all around. Prepare the icing powder as instructed and apply with a brush over the strawberries.
Tip: Alternatively, you can also use 250 g strawberries and 250 g blueberries for the delicious Midsommar cake.The fruity and creamy cake with delicious fruits tastes great on warm summer evenings. Freshly chilled, it is a summer treat with the lemon cream.