The Perfect Cream Puff - Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph (May 2019).
Simple recipe for puff pastry made from tender puff pastry filled with sweet whipped cream. Try it!
For 12 pieces
For the batter
- 60 g of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g of flour
- 4 eggs
For the filling
- 400 g of cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 packets of Bourbon vanilla sugar
- about 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Bring butter to a boil with 1/4 l of water and salt. Add flour at once. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until a lump is formed and a milky layer forms on the bottom of the pot. Put in a mixing bowl. Stir in the eggs one at a time with the dough hooks of the hand mixer, working each egg carefully under the dough before adding the next one.
- Fill the mass into a piping bag with a large star spout. At a great distance, spray 6 rosettes each on two sheets of baking paper. Put each in the hot oven (200 degrees, center) and pour a cup of water on the bottom of the oven. Close oven door immediately. Bake puff pastry until golden brown for about 20 minutes, do not open door.
- Pull finished profiteroles off the plate with the paper. Immediately cut a lid from each puff with the kitchen scissors. Let cream puff on the wire rack cool down.
- Beat cream with sugar and vanilla sugar until stiff. Fill in the cleaned piping bag with a large star spout. Inject the vanilla cream into the lower halves of the puffs. Put on lid, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
More back recipes can be found here >>