Die Dschungel Karneval Show | 11.11. Helau, Alaaf, Ahoi, Juchei | Der HON Circle (May 2019).
Carnival without donuts? Unimaginable for many cheeks. The delicious yeast dough is filled with strawberry jam and finally sprinkled with fine powdered sugar. Simply delicious and easy to bake at home.
Did you know that donuts are not exactly donuts? Just as there is the regional difference between the words carnival and carnival, so too the donut has different names. In northern Germany, everyone knows immediately what the speech is when the baker is a Berliner ordered. In Berlin and the metropolitan region, however, the Berliner is called pancake. Quite strange. It does not matter what you call the delicious yeast dough bags - our recipe will make you a welcome guest at the next carnival party.$config[ads_text] not found
Recipe for carnival donut
Ingredients for 12 donuts:
- 500 g flour of type 550
- 125 ml of milk
- 75 g of sugar
- 75 g butter
- 1 cube of yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 liter of vegetable oil to bake
- 100 g strawberry jam
- Icing sugar for sprinkling
- For the yeast dough, put the flour in a bowl and press in the middle to a bowl. Then crumble the yeast and pour it into the bowl.
- Heat the milk on the stove and pour over the dry mixture. Whisk together with a teaspoon of sugar and cover, leaving to rise in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- In time, melt the butter and mix with the eggs, the pinch of salt and the remaining sugar. When the 15 minutes have passed, add the liquid mixture to the batter and stir well with the dough hooks of the hand mixer. If the dough comes off the edge of the bowl, it is perfect.
- Now knead the dough on a base and with a little flour vigorously and cover, let it rest for another 45 minutes, until the volume of the dough has doubled.
- If this happens, knead the dough on a floured worktop and form into a roll. Now cut 12 equal slices off the roll and shape into smooth spheres. Let the finished dough balls go for another 15 minutes.
- Now heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan. If the oil is about 160 degrees hot, with a skimmer, gradually add the balls into the oil. Each side should be baked for at least 3 to 4 minutes. Finally, dip the whole donut into the oil, so that the white strip is also baked. Place the baked donuts on a kitchen towel and dab them off to degrease.
- Then pour the strawberry jam into a piping bag, pierce a side hole in the donuts and pour in the jelly. Finally, sprinkle the still warm yeast bags with icing sugar and bite into it.