Here you will find the recipe for the delicious gingerbread pendants that can decorate tree and branches.
Preparation time: approx. 2 hours Cooling time: approx. 3 hours
Baking time (per plate):
about 10 minutes
Ingredients (for about 30 pieces)
- 410 g of flour
- 1/2 packet
- baking powder
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spice
- 125 g soft butter
- 125 g brown sugar
- 125 g dark syrup
- 1 egg
- 250 g of powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- about 4 tablespoons sugar
1. Knead flour, baking powder, gingerbread spice and soft butter in the food processor. Add sugar, syrup and beaten egg and knead until smooth. Form to the ball. Cover with foil for about 3 hours.
2. Dough in portions between two cut freezer bags approx.
Roll out 4 mm thick. Refrigerate. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (top and bottom heat). Cut out some stars (11 cm tall). Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Cut out stars from the middle with a cookie cutter (about 7 cm in size). Then cut out little stars (about 4 cm in size).
3. Knead the rest together, roll out again and also cut out snowflakes and crystals (6-8 cm tall, urbanites).
Put on a sheet of baking paper. With a wooden stick
each pierce a hole at the top.
4. Bake on a medium rack for about 10 minutes. Remove the sheet, reshape the holes. With the paper pull from the sheet, let cool.
5. Stir powdered sugar, egg whites and water until smooth. Sprinkle motives with it. Sprinkle with sugar, let it solidify. Shelf life: approx. 4 weeks.