Pignoli Cookies Recipe from American Almond (April 2019).
Heavenly Marzipan Hazelnut Moons for the Cookie Dish.
For about 40 pieces
For the dough:
- 50 g of flour
- 75 g of the finest sugar
- Packet of vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 125 g soft butter
- 150 g of ground hazelnuts
- about 2 tablespoons of fine brown cane sugar
- about 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling:$config[ads_text] not found
- 200 g marzipan raw material
- 50 g of powdered sugar
- grated peel of approx. 1/2 organic orange
- 1 tbsp apricot liqueur or orange juice
- about 150 g apricot spread (eg Schwartau "velvet").
- some gold stars (from Ambienti, to be ordered via ambienti.de).
1. Knead dough ingredients, shape to the ball. Wrap in foil and allow to cool for about 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (hot air: 160 degrees). Roll out the dough in portions between two cut frozen bags approx. 4 mm thick. Refrigerate. Cut out moons from the dough (possibly with serrated edge, approx. 4.5 cm in size). Put on a sheet of baking paper. Brush half of the moons with a little water, mix brown sugar and a little cinnamon and sprinkle over it. Bake on a medium rack for 8-10 minutes.
3. Knead marzipan paste, powdered sugar, orange peel and liqueur or juice. Roll out thinly between sliced freezer bags. Cut out moons of the same size, dipping the cookie cutter in icing sugar again and again.
4. Coat baked moons on the underside with a little apricot spread. Put one marzipan moon on each half. Collapse with the smashed side of the remaining moons. If desired, dust with a few gold stars.
Preparation time: approx. 2 1/4 hours
Cooling time: approx. 1 hr.
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: