This baking recipe for chocolate marzipan macaroons will knock you off the stool. Not only as Christmas cookies, but also as a place for in between a fine treat.
Ingredients (for about 35 pieces):
For the dough:
- 6 egg whites
- 200 g of sugar
- 200 g marzipan raw material
- 50 g whole milk grated chocolate
- 250 g of ground, unshelled almonds
- 70 g of flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Also:$config[ads_text] not found
- about 35 baking wafers (5 cm Ø)
- 100 g white couverture to decorate
- Mix the egg whites and sugar in the pot. Grate in the marzipan paste. Heat at low heat while stirring. Then continue stirring (with the whisk) until the marzipan has melted. Allow to cool slightly. Stir in the grater.
- Mix almonds, flour, cocoa and salt. Add to the protein mass, stir everything to a smooth dough.
- Spread the wafers on a sheet of baking paper. Put dough pieces with a dough portioner (from Küchle, via hobbybaecker.de) or with 2 teaspoons. If desired, re-shape with moistened fingers. Bake in a hot oven (160 degrees, 2nd bar from the bottom) for 12-14 minutes. Remove, allow to cool.
Melt couverture. Put in a disposable piping bag (Toppits), cut off the tip 1-2 mm. Spiraling macaroons with it. Get feasted.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 40 minutes
BAKING TIME PER BLECH: 12-14 minutes
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: