They are known from Italian cuisine: delicious crostini. Topped with fresh tomatoes, Parma ham or other Mediterranean delicacies, the toasted bread slices are served as an appetizer à la antipasti. Our variant is a delicious autumn creation.
Recipe for crostini with mushrooms
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 250 g of fresh porcini mushrooms, herb salsies or mushrooms
- 3 stems of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- pepper from the grinder
- 4 slices of fresh baguette
- 100 g Gorgonzola or Roquefort
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and cut them down. Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop. Wash the thyme, dry it and also chop the removed leaves.
- Preheat the oven grill to 230 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Then add garlic to the pan and fry as well. Season with salt and pepper and add half of the thyme leaves to the pan. Let it rest for another 2 minutes.
- Cut the cheese into 4 equal pieces.
- Drizzle the baguette slices with a little oil and place on the grill of the oven. Roast the slices of bread slightly golden brown for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the grill from the oven and turn the toasted bread. Then spread the mushrooms evenly on the slices and place the prepared cheese on the crostini. Put in the oven for another 1 to 2 minutes. Let the cheese melt easily.
- Pour the remaining thyme leaves over the finished crostini and serve.
This starter is really prepared in a jiffy and will definitely delight any guest.
Crostini are the ideal snack for wine, for party guests, but also as a starter. Here you will find the basic recipe with 9 savory and sweet variations.