Lining Up For Yummy (May 2019).
We spice up our toast and put a toast Deluxe on the plate! Hearty ham and aromatic chanterelles blend perfectly with fruity pear and sweet and sour cranberries.
Toast with pears, chanterelles and mountain cheese
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 small pears (approx. 150 g each)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 300 g of chanterelles
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper (mill)
- some thyme sprigs
- 4 slices of wheat toast bread (slightly thicker cut)
- about 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 thin slices of Parma or Serrano ham
- 4 slices of mountain cheese (spicy-nutty, from Bergader)
- about 4 tablespoons cranberry compote (also very good: pear jam with blackberries)
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Peel pears, cut in half, remove core casing. In a pan with about 500 ml of water and Limet tense soft steam, drain. Clean mushrooms, fry with onion in hot oil for about 3 minutes, season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Toast the bread slices, butter them. Place on a sheet of baking paper. Spread two slices of ham, pears, mushrooms and cheese slices on top. Bake in a hot oven (225 degrees) for approx. 5 minutes. In addition: cranberry compote.