Plant Based Vegan Mushroom Potato Soup (2018) The Whole Food Plant Based Recipes (April 2019).
Potato soup with porcini mushrooms. Suitable for beginners and inexpensive. Surprise ingredient: cranberries, marinated in honey vinegar.
For 4 servings:
- 50 g of dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 600 g of potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 750 ml vegetable broth
- 150 g cream
- pepper from the grinder
- 200 g of chanterelles
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Soak cranberries in warm water for about 15 minutes. Drain. Mix vinegar with honey. Mix cranberries and let them pass through. Peel, wash and dice potatoes.
- Peel onions and cut into small pieces. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan. Braise onions and potatoes. Add broth, cook for about 20 minutes. Puree the soup. Add cream. Season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Clean chanterelles and clean with kitchen paper (wash and drain if necessary). Heat remaining oil in a pan. Fry mushrooms in it. Season with salt and pepper. Wash the rosemary, shake it dry, pick off the needles and chop it roughly. Serve potato soup with mushrooms, marinated cranberries and rosemary.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 30 min.
PRO PORTION: approx. 270 kcal, 5 g protein, 15 g fat, 28 g carbohydrates