Tasmania's Most Profitable Business (March 2019).
When it rains and rains outside, we long for a cup of tea or coffee and a delicious pastry - the perfect complement is our lactose-free cinnamon buns.
Preparation time: 1 h 30 min
Cooling approx .: 1 h 30 min
Baking about: 15 min
Ingredients (for about 30 pieces)
- For the puff pastry:
- 200 g of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 g of soft MinusL butter
- 200 g cold cold butter
- Flour, to work
For the filling$config[ads_text] not found
- 250 g poppy seeds
- 30 g of butter
- 1 - 2 tbsp MinusL H milk, 1.5% fat
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 g of chopped hazelnuts
- 1 egg yolk
1. For the dough, sift the flour on a work surface and form a bowl. Add the salt, egg yolk and 120 ml of water. Put the soft butter on the edge and knead with your fingers to a smooth dough. Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out approximately 3 mm thin.
2. Cut the cold butter into 1-2 cm thick slices and place them in the center of the dough. Beat the doughy over the butter.
3. Roll out the piece of dough dusted with some flour. Beat three layers of dough over each other. The layers of dough should be as close together as possible. Leave the dough cold for 20 minutes. Roll out again and beat the dough towards the middle. Fold to four layers. Cover and cool again for 20 minutes. Repeat this process twice. Then cool for 30 minutes and then process. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top and bottom heat. Roll out the puff pastry thinly on a floured work surface.
4. Mix the poppy seeds with the butter, milk, cinnamon and nuts. Spread the puff pastry with the poppy seed mixture. Loosely roll up from the long side. Cut the roll into approx. 1 cm wide slices, place them with a little distance on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, brush with egg yolks and bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove, allow to cool and serve.
Nutritional values per serving
8 g KH
10 g of F