A great alternative to the classic poppy seed cake are these little poppy seeds. They not only look great on the coffee table, they also taste really delicious. Thanks to lactose-free products anyone can strike here!
Small, lactose-free poppy seed snails
Ingredients for 30 pieces:
- 200 g of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 g of soft MinusL butter
- 200 g cold cold butter
- Flour (to work)
Ingredients for the filling:$config[ads_text] not found
- 250 g poppy seeds
- 30 g of butter
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of MinusL H milk
- 1.5% fat
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 g of chopped hazelnuts
- 1 egg yolk
- For the dough, sift the flour on a work surface and form a hollow. Add the salt, egg yolk and 120 ml of water. Put the soft butter on the edge and knead with your fingers to a smooth dough. Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out approximately 3 mm thin.
- Cut the cold butter into 1-2 cm thick slices and place them in the middle of the dough. Beat the doughy over the butter.
- Roll out the piece of dough dusted with some flour. Beat three layers of dough over each other. The layers of dough should be as close together as possible. Leave the dough cold for 20 minutes. Roll out again and beat the dough towards the middle. Fold to four layers. Cover and cool again for 20 minutes. Repeat this process twice. Then cool for 30 minutes and then process. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top and bottom heat. Roll out the puff pastry thinly on a floured work surface.
- Mix the poppy seeds with the butter, the milk, the cinnamon and the nuts. Spread the puff pastry with the poppy seed mixture. Loosely roll up from the long side. Cut the roll into approx. 1 cm wide slices, place them with a little distance on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, brush with egg yolks and bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove, allow to cool and serve.
Preparation time: 1 hour 45 minutes
More lactose-free recipes can be found here >>