- What is interval fasting?
- What brings Intervall fast?
- What am I allowed to eat during interval fasting?
- Become and stay healthy through interval fasting
- Sweet potato and coconut curry recipe
Fasting for 16 hours and eating 8 hours as much as you want - if that does not sound promising! Find out here what the method of Intervallfastens, why it is so effective and what role food, drink and exercise play.
Fasting is not a new invention. Those who refrain from using certain foods and stimulants for a certain period of time cleanse their bodies from within, can delay or even effectively reduce illnesses such as diabetes or cardiovascular complaints. Because the absolute renouncement of food but can cause stress and discomfort, experts recommend the so-called Intervallfast. This is a fasting concept that is a great alternative to long-term fasting and can be perfectly integrated into everyday life - permanently and completely without starvation.$config[ads_text] not found
What is interval fasting?
There are different approaches to interval fattening. The most common methods:
- On the 5: 2 diet, you can eat normally five days a week, but two days need discipline for the fasting phase.
- In a similar variant, the 16: 8 method, you are allowed to eat as much as you like for eight hours a day, for example from 10 to 18, followed by a 16-hour meal break, late evening, night and early Morning includes. How you set your eating or fasting times, you determine yourself.
In both concepts, our metabolism gets going and boosts fat burning. Without excessive food intake and new energy, our bodies are forced to resort to their own reserves. The result: tumbling annoying pounds without causing muscle loss, and less toxins accumulate in the body.
What brings Intervall fast?
Recent studies have confirmed the health effects of longer meal breaks and the effectiveness of weight loss. Intervall fasting is an effective and simple fasting form that makes you healthy and healthy in the long run. In addition to customer success, this program also promises a longer and, above all, healthier life, pain relief and a more vital life with better well-being. Intermittent, intermittent fasting is the perfect program to get rid of annoying kilos without any yo-yo effect while doing good health. The best part: The diet form is absolutely suitable for everyday use!
What am I allowed to eat during interval fasting?
Healthy diet is also the alpha and omega of interval fasting. Anyone who feeds on pizza, pasta, chips, sweets and Co. during the diet program will not feel healthier, more energetic or achieve customer success. In addition, limit yourself to two or three main meals at most and do not eat eight hours (almost) continuously.
During Lent, only drinks such as water, unsweetened tea and black coffee are allowed. Lemonades, juices, milk and alcohol are absolutely taboo.
Become and stay healthy through interval fasting
Dr. med. Petra Bracht, general practitioner and naturopathy
"In addition to what's important, when and how you eat, " Dr. med. Petra Bracht. The general practitioner and naturopathic specialist specializes in nutritional medicine and has many years of experience with interval fasting. In her new book "Intervallfasten", published by GU Verlag, the expert describes a 14-day beginner program with 42 delicious recipes made from a lot of fruit and vegetables. In order to transport important nutrients to all cells and to effectively support the organism, Dr. Ing. Petra Bracht developed special exercises together with her husband Roland Liebscher-Bracht. In combination with proper exercise, interval fasting can begin where pain and inflammation occur. At the same time strength and joy of life are increased.
Petra Bracht's program completely relinquishes animal products and relies entirely on a vegan diet, as she believes fresh, herbal products are the healthiest and most sustainable. To get to know the interval fasting method of Dr. med. Petra Bracht will present you a delicious dish from the 14-day ice cream program:
Sweet potato and coconut curry recipe
Ingredients for two portions:
- 1 big sweet potato (about 300g)
Vegan Sweet Potato Coconut Curry with Coriander
- 1 carrot
- 1 red onion
- 1 piece of ginger (about 2 cm)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 150 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- 1 handful of coriander
- pepper from the grinder
- 12 cherry tomatoes (at will)
- Peel and dice sweet potato and carrot. Peel onion, ginger and garlic and finely chop.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, sear onion, ginger and garlic. Add turmeric and curry powder. Turn the sweet potato and carrot cubes into it briefly and deglaze with vegetable stock. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Wash cilantro, chop and add to the pot with the tomatoes, stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Tip: A fresh component receives the dish with the acidity of tomatoes. Wash the cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters and add to the curry with the coriander.
Enjoyment is guaranteed not to fall on the track!