How to make Plum Jam ~ Easy & Yummy! (June 2019).
Cook your favorite fruit and enjoy sweet fruits all year round! If you like mirabelles, then this recipe is just right for you. For cooking you only need sugar, fresh fruit and spicy cinnamon sticks.
Yellow, sweet and simply irresistibly delicious are these cooked mirabelles. The fruits are also called yellow plum and belong to the genus of plums. The fruits are sweet in the taste and have a soft soft flesh, from which not only delicious compote can be boiled, but also noble Mirabellen brand can be made. Both plum creations have a deep yellow color and convince with a fruity-fresh note. We leave the burning of the spirit to experts and dedicate ourselves to canning. The recipe for the sweet mirabelle compote can be boiled quite easily and without much effort. Pick ripe mirabelles from the Mirabelle tree in the garden and off you go to the kitchen!$config[ads_text] not found
Recipe for mirabelle compote
Ingredients for 6 glasses (à 500 ml)
- 450 g of sugar
- 2.5 kg of mirabelle
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Boil sugar with 1.2 liters of water.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the stems and stones of the mirabelles and halve the cinnamon sticks.
- Put the yellow fruits in clean preserving jars and pour in the sugar syrup until they are about 2 cm below the edge. Close the glasses airtight.
- Set the filled preserving jars on a deep bleach and slide it into the hot oven. Fill in approx. 2 cm high water.
- Heat the mirabelles in it until small bubbles rise. Turn off the oven and let the glasses rest in a hot oven for 35 minutes. Finished!