Cold & Flu Treatments : How to Treat a Cough Without Medicine (June 2019).
It starts with a scratch in the throat: Coughing is especially common during the cold period. But you do not have to resort directly to the cough syrup from the pharmacy. We have a recipe for a natural alternative for you.
Cough tea, cough sweets and cough syrup are the drugs of choice for the vast majority of people when the respiratory system causes problems due to a cold. They are intended to suppress or reduce the onset of coughing, so that everyday life and sleep are relaxed and restful. We'll tell you a simple recipe that will help you to make your own cough.It has an expectorant, reduces the unpleasant irritation of the throat and helps your body to quickly get rid of the irritating mucus in the lungs. You should be able to buy the ingredients for this tea in any well-stocked pharmacy or health food store.$config[ads_text] not found
Recipe for homemade cough tea
- 20 g anise
- 20 g of thyme
- 20 g ribwort plantain
- 10 g of marshmallow
- 10 g mullein
- 10 g of cowslip
- 10 g of violets
- Mix all ingredients in a jar so that they are well mixed.
- Now boil water and provide a cup.
- Put a tablespoon of the tea mixture in a tea strainer and pour in the cup with the hot water.
- The tea should last at least 10 minutes.
- You can sweeten it with honey.
- Drink the tea in small sips and inhale the hot, soothing steam.