How to Blueberry Pancakes - Best Method for Blueberry Pancakes (May 2019).
Sweet kids dreams! The highlight is the strawberry "side dish", which is refined with tarragon and orange peel.
Buttermilk waffles with fruit sauce
For about 6 pieces
Ingredients for the strawberries
- 2 organic oranges
- 2 tbsp sugar
- about 4 stalks tarragon
- 500 g strawberries
Ingredients for the waffles
- 60 g of soft butter
- 75 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 packet of Bourbon vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of flour
- 25 g cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 l buttermilk
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter lard
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Wash the oranges hot and rub dry. Rub the peel of 1 orange, squeeze oranges. Boil juice, peel and sugar in a small saucepan. Pull from the cooking area. Add tarragon leaflets and allow to infuse. Let cool down.
- Wash strawberries, drain on kitchen paper. Clean strawberries, chop them to size. Add chilled orange juice and let strawberries soak for about 1 hour.
- Beat butter, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar until light creamy. Stir in eggs one after the other. Mix the flour, starch and baking powder, stir in alternately with the buttermilk. Leave the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Heat waffle iron, brush baking surfaces with clarified butter. Add approx. 1 ladle of dough, bake for 3-4 minutes on medium. Remove waffles and place on a wire rack. Divide into segments as desired. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with strawberry sauce.
Very good with the delicious waffles also fits: berry compote with chips.