Our recipe for cake with strawberries, quark and fine meringue is just the right cake on hot summer days.
For about 16 pieces
Ingredients for the dough
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g soft butter
- 250 g of the finest sugar
- thinly grated peel of 1 organic lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 100 ml)
- 300 g of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
Ingredients for the topping$config[ads_text] not found
- 750 g strawberries
- 2 tablespoons cassis liqueur
- 250 g of Greek yogurt (10% fat)
- 250 g of low-fat quark
- about 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 75 g of the finest sugar
- 1 packet of Bourbon vanilla sugar
- 200 g cream
- 50 g meringues (bought)
- Separate eggs. Beat the egg whites and salt with the whisk of the hand mixer until stiff, chill. Beat butter and sugar until creamy for about 5 minutes. Epee one after the other. Then stir in lemon zest and juice. Mix flour and baking powder, briefly beat. Fold in egg whites in two portions. Put the dough on a sheet of baking paper. Bake in a hot oven (180 degrees, center) for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and let the cake cool down.
- Wash strawberries, pat dry and clean. Halve or quarter, drizzle with cassis.
- Stir yogurt, quark, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla sugar until smooth. Whip the cream until stiff, fold it in with a spatula. Put the cream on the cake and spread it with a spoon until cloudy. Give strawberries. Crumble over meringue topping.
Also try this recipe for cake >>