Red Beet Gnocchi - toddler recipe (June 2019).
Food blogger Mirja from küchenchaotin.de introduces her "beetroot chips".
Ingredients for a sheet
- 1 big beetroot
- a little sea salt
- Also: baking paper (eg from Toppits)
- Preheat the oven to 130 ° C.
- Peel and clean the beetroot. Then plane into approx. 1mm thick, even slices. It is important that the discs are even, the thin ends burn otherwise!
- Lay out the slices on a baking sheet lined with baking paper without overlapping them and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes until the crisps are crispy.
- 2-3 sheets can be easily processed on top of each other to chips, if a larger amount is desired. The slices shrink when drying about half of the original size, so it is worthwhile to resort directly to the larger specimens.