Betty's Spiral-Sliced Ham with Brown Sugar Crumb Glaze (March 2019).
Easter does not always have to be sweet. We reveal our recipe for Easter ham in bread dough. A classic that is good for both Easter brunch and festive dinner.
If you are still in the middle of planning for your Easter menu, you should definitely take a look at our Easter ham in bread dough.By the cover of freshly baked bread, the ham remains nicely juicy in the oven and you have the fragrant aromatic side dish right next to the meat. Incidentally, this fits a spring herb sauce, a crisp salad or peas and carrots. And best of all: Thanks to Bread Mix, your Easter ham is not rocket science!$config[ads_text] not found
Recipe for Easter ham in bread dough
- 3 shallots
- 2 kilograms of cured pork roast
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 juniper berries
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- Finished bread mix for a crust bread
- Flour to the working of the dough
- 4 tsp mustard
- Peel and dice the shallots.
- Put the bay leaves, the juniper berries and the black pepper in a large saucepan with the pork roast.
- Add enough water to cover the roast.
- Cover and simmer for about 1.5 hours.
- In the meantime, mix the baking mixture with water and - if specified in the recipe supplement - let go.
- After the cooking time, lift the Easter ham out of the water and allow it to cool well.
- Lay out a tin with baking paper and flour.
- Knead the dough again and then roll out on the plate.
- The dough should be about half a centimeter thick and at least twice as big as the ham roast.
- Put the cooled and dry roast on the dough and rub in all around with mustard.
- Now brush the edges of the dough sheet with a little water.
- Finally, beat the roast in the dough, pressing the edges particularly well.
- Let the pastry rest for half an hour.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about an hour until a crispy crust of bread has formed.