- Beloved asparagus time
- Asparagus at Easter
- Asparagus salad
- Unusual holiday creation
- Asparagus and mango chutney
- Asparagus for every occasion
- Asparagus with salmon
3 Spring Salad Recipes | ENTERTAINING WITH BETH (March 2019).
At Easter, we finally want to start with the asparagus eating! The delicious and versatile bars beautify every Easter menu and ensure a special culinary delight. So nothing like the pots!
Beloved asparagus time
In the spring it's finally time again: The asparagus season begins! Until the end of June, the lovers of the precious vegetables try to bring this as often as possible on the table. In addition to the classic version with ham and hollandaise sauce, there are countless other ways to put the asparagus on the plate in scene.$config[ads_text] not found
Asparagus at Easter
On Good Friday, the strict Catholic dispenses with meat - but not necessarily with asparagus. Therefore, we make a crispy salad with roasted asparagus, which tastes great even without meat:
- 150 g lamb's lettuce
- 3 meat tomatoes
- 400 g white asparagus
- 1 bunch of chives
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- First wash the lamb's lettuce very thoroughly to remove any sand residue. Then the lettuce leaves should drain in a coarse sieve.
- At this time, wash the tomatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces. Mix olive oil, raspberry vinegar, salt and pepper in a cup.
- Braise the chives, shake them dry and chop them into fine rolls. These too are added to the dressing in the cup. Put the tomatoes in a bowl and marinate them with the dressing. Covered, the tomatoes can pull through.
- Now the asparagus spears are peeled and cut into bevelled pieces (about 1.5 centimeters long). Heat some olive oil over medium heat in a pan. Before you add the raw asparagus pieces, the oil should already be really hot.
- Now the pieces of vegetables are fried for about eight minutes. Apply the asparagus several times until it is golden brown and then pull the pan off the stove.
- Spread the corn salad on the plates, add some of the marinated tomato pieces and finally some asparagus. If you wish you can spread some chives over the salad.
Unusual holiday creation
On Easter Sunday the asparagus may be combined with something more pompous. Of course, a delicious cream of asparagus soup is the starter for every conceivable menu. We opted for an asparagus chutney with rack of lamb in pine nut crust and mashed potatoes:
Asparagus and mango chutney
- 600 g green asparagus
- 250 g shallots
- 2 ripe mangos
- 100 g of sugar
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 4 stems of basil
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- First, remove the woody end from the asparagus and then wash the rods. The green version of the vegetables does not have to be peeled.
- Then cut the asparagus spears into fine pieces. The mangoes must also be cut into bite-sized pieces, the shallots and the chilli pepper and garlic clove should be finely diced.
- Now the olive oil is heated in a pan. Then add the shallots, chilli pieces and garlic. As soon as the shallots are glassy, the asparagus pieces are fried for a few minutes. Then add the mango cubes and remove everything with the white wine vinegar.
- Then the sugar is stirred in. The chutney must simmer for about 20 minutes with occasional stirring until a creamy mass has developed.
- This is seasoned with salt, pepper and the pith of vanilla. The basil should be brewed, finely chopped and put under.
Asparagus for every occasion
Do you want to serve your guests a delicious asparagus meal that you can prepare well and that still tastes delicious? Then try ours
Asparagus with salmon
Ingredients for the dough:
- 300 g of flour
- 150 g of cold butter
- 2 yolks
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- 400 g green asparagus
- 200 ml sour cream
- 150 g smoked salmon
- 130 g of feta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks of chervil
- Put all ingredients for the dough in a mixing bowl and mix everything first with the dough hook of the hand mixer and finally quickly with your hands.
- Then roll out the dough and then cut the dough to match the bottom of the springform pan. First lay out with baking paper before the dough comes in. From the remaining dough you form a border, which you press on the ground. Put the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Wash the asparagus and remove the woody ends. Then the rods can be cut into bite-sized pieces. The onion is skinned and finely chopped.
- Put both with a little butter in a pan and simmer for about three minutes. Then asparagus and onion pieces come in a large bowl.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces, wash and chop the chervil and also chop the feta cheese. Everything is mixed with the asparagus in the bowl and put on the chilled tartar.
- Now whisk the sour cream with the eggs, pepper, salt and nutmeg and pour the cream over the filling. At 180 degrees, the tart should bake for about 30 minutes.