Spring vegetables and wafer-thin pieces of lamb. So tender can be boiled with our recipe for seasoned lamb salmon with spring vegetables.
Tip: After frying, let the rack of lamb rest in aluminum foil - this will guarantee super juicily!
For 4 servings
- 2 fresh lamb salmon (à 350 g each, from New Zealand)
- 2 fennel tubers
- 500 g small bunched carrots
- 1/2 bunch of plain parsley
- 1 bunch of chervil
- grated peel of 1 organic lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt pepper
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g of cream
- about 50 g of Parmesan.
1. Dab the lamb salmon dry. Clean and wash the fennel tubers and cut or slice them lengthwise into thin slices. Peel carrots, leaving some greenery. Halve carrots lengthways.
2. Wash herbs, shake dry. Pluck the leaves, finely chop them. Mix with lemon peel. Press garlic clove with a knife back.
3. Fry the lamb salmon in 2 tablespoons of hot oil from both sides, season with salt and pepper. Then fry for about 8 minutes over medium heat. Remove lamb salmon, wrap in aluminum foil.
4. Braise carrots and fennel in 2 tablespoons of hot oil, season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the stock and cream, bring to the boil and cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Heat the lamb salmon again briefly in the pan, turn immediately in the herb-lemon mixture. Slice. Serve portioned with the vegetables on plates. Plan the parmesan. It tastes a creamy polenta.
Discover our other tasty lamb recipes >>
Is not the food ready yet? Play our biplane game "main dishes":