Bruschetta with juicy tomatoes and fresh basil is a real classic among the appetizers. We are now preparing the roasted bread with pumpkin and green asparagus and we are thrilled! The highlight: aromatic blue cheese.
Bruschetta with pumpkin, asparagus and blue cheese
- 125 ml of olive oil
- 60 ml white wine vinegar
$config[ads_text] not found
Barbecuing without meat? Oh yeah! In "Weber's Veggie" by Grillexperte Jamie Purviance, published by Gräfe und Unzer Verlag, there are more than 60 culinary surprises for charcoal and gas barbecues.
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped rosemary needles
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 butternut squash, 20-25 cm long
- 8 bars of green asparagus
- 4 slices of a round sourdough bread (20 cm), each 1-1.5 cm thick
- 125 g blue cheese, roughly crumbled
- In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the ends of the pumpkin. Remove the peel with a peeler. Cut the pumpkin pulp diagonally into twelve slices, about 1 cm thick, and free them from the seeds.
- Cook the pumpkin slices in a large pot of boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until soft. Using a slotted spoon, lift out of the water onto a baking tray and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the grill for direct medium heat (175-230 ° C).
Delicious grilling recipe for young and old, meat eaters and vegetarians are available in our large grill special!
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus spears. To do this, gently bend the rods one by one at the bottom until they break in the lower third, where the tender part of the rods begins. Spread pumpkin and asparagus generously with dressing.
- Clean the grill with the brush. Grill the pumpkin slices and asparagus spears on the grill over a medium heat with the lid closed, until the pumpkin is lightly browned and the asparagus is crispy-tender, turning it once or twice. The pumpkin needs 12-15 min., The asparagus 6-8 min. Take the finished vegetables from the grill. Cut asparagus spears into 2.5 cm pieces.
- Spread the slices of bread on both sides with a little dressing and roast on one side over direct medium heat with lid open for about 1 min. Place the bread with the roasted side up on a work surface, place 3 pumpkin pieces on each side and roughly crush the pumpkin so that each slice of bread is completely covered with pumpkin. Cover the pumpkin bread with asparagus pieces, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of dressing and sprinkle with the cheese. Grill the bruschette over medium heat with the lid closed for a further 2-3 minutes until the cheese softens. Remove from the grill, halve the breads and serve warm.