Swedish Meatballs Recipe -- Beef & Pork Meatballs with Creamy Brown Gravy (March 2019).
The Swedes are known for their Köttbullar. The small meatballs are served with a fine mashed potatoes and a cranberry compote. You can find out here how to make Köttbullar at home yourself in our recipe.
The meatballs are made quickly and are sautéed crispy in the frying pan. Especially children will love this dish.
Ingredients for 5 to 6 servings or approx. 50 Köttbullar$config[ads_text] not found
- 500 g mixed minced meat
- 1 bunch of chives
- 1 bunch of smooth parsley
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 handful of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- a little sea salt
- some pepper
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 cup of cranberry jam
- Wash herbs, pat dry or shake, pluck dill tips and parsley leaves from the stems and chop both coarsely. Cut the chives into small rolls.
- Mix the minced meat, egg, milk, bread crumbs, allspice and chopped herbs in a bowl with your hands to an even mass. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- From the mass form about 60 balls. The best way to process the mince with slightly moistened hands. Put the balls on a plate covered with cling film and keep covered for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan with 1-2 tablespoons of oil and fry as many balls over medium heat over golden brown as to fit next to each other in the pan. In this way roast all the balls.
- The cranberry jam as dip range.