Even the simplest salad comes out big in a home-baked bread bowl. And best of all, the annoying washing up afterwards simply disappears. Practical, tasty and very special.
Recipe for colorful salad in edible bread cup
Ingredients for 4 servings
"The Cooking Bible" by Su Vössing contains many delicious recipe ideas that are easy to cook with the food processor. Published by Becker Joest Volk Verlag.$config[ads_text] not found
For the bread bowl:
- 200 g wheat flour Type 405
- 50 g durum wheat semolina
- 1/2 packet of dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of poppy
- 1 tbsp light sesame seeds
- 10 g of salt
- 1 pinch of natron
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus a little greasing
For the salad:
- 1 bunch of radishes, cleaned and washed
- 3 mini cucumbers, washed
- 1 red and yellow pepper each, cleaned and washed
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1-2 tablespoons mild white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper from the mill
- 2 Roman salted hearts, washed and spun dry
- 4 leaves of lettuce salad, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 broccoli, cleaned and briefly blanched
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut in rolls
- For the bread dish knead all ingredients with 150 ml of warm water in the mixing bowl with the dough hook of the food processor for five to six minutes on a medium scale. Cover the machine with a kitchen towel. Then let it rest covered for 10 minutes.
- Briefly knead the dough with your hands on a well-floured work surface. Roll out to a large circle, the size of which depends on the size of the stainless steel bowl used in step two.
- On the outside, rub a medium-sized, heat-resistant stainless steel bowl well with a little oil and place it face down on the work surface. Spread the dough on the stainless steel bowl and allow to rest covered for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Place the bowl with the dough on a baking sheet or grid and bake for 12 minutes. Carefully remove the bread bowl from the bowl and place on the tray or grid for another 15-18 minutes. The bread bowl should be crispy all around. If it is, it can be taken out and left to cool on a kitchen rack.
- For the salad, cut the radishes, cucumbers, peppers and onions into slices and cubes with the slicer or the dicer. Mix vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and season to taste. Turn on the salad.
- Dress the bread dish with the Roman and oak leaf salad. Then arrange the salad and broccoli and sprinkle with chives. The bread bowl is of course meant for eating.
Try more delicious recipes from the "cooking Bible". Ravioli with cream cheese and fig filling, beef burger with mashed potatoes, tomato salami pizza or carrot and ricotta pâté with parsley and peppermint.