Christmas Tree Brownies - mysweetambitions (March 2019).
Our baking recipes are not only suitable as a Christmas dessert, as these Christmas tree cake triangles with a delicious touch of vanilla and orange.
Tree cake triangles
Ingredients for about 50 pieces:
- 6 eggs (size M)
- 25 g soft butter
- 120 g of sugar
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 80 g of flour
- 40 g cornstarch (eg lunar amine)
- 6 tablespoons of orange juice
- 350 g of bittersweet chocolate
To decorate :$config[ads_text] not found
- halved almonds
- dried cranberries
- Separate eggs. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla sugar with the hand mixer until creamy. Gradually add the egg yolk and stir. Mix flour and cornflour and stir in the cream.
- Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt with stiff snow and fold gently under the dough. Preheat oven grill or oven to highest level. Lay out the bottom of a springform pan (26 cm Ø) with baking paper. Spread about 3 tablespoons of dough in the mold and bake for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush the baked layer again with about 3 tablespoons of dough and bake. Continue until the dough is used up. Allow the tree cake to cool on a wire rack, then remove from the mold. Pierce the cake surface several times with a wooden skewer and drizzle with the orange juice. Use a sharp knife to cut into large triangles.
- Coarsely chop couverture and melt in a metal bowl in a hot water bath. Cover the tree cake triangles with the couverture. Decorate with almonds, nuts, pistachios or cranberries and leave to dry.
Preparation time: approx. 45 minutes
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: