- Cake pops are on everyone's lips. Not only on birthdays and weddings, they are a popular dessert, even as a gift, the cake on a stick a creative and beautiful attention. We got into the experimental kitchen for you and baked the delicious cake pops with a cake pop maker. Here is our recipe.
A Beginner's Guide to Making Cake Pops (February 2019).
Cake pops are on everyone's lips. Not only on birthdays and weddings, they are a popular dessert, even as a gift, the cake on a stick a creative and beautiful attention. We got into the experimental kitchen for you and baked the delicious cake pops with a cake pop maker. Here is our recipe.
To make the cake pops so wonderfully creative after baking, you need decoration as you wish.
We got a colorful mix of the following ingredients:
- little heart
- dark and white chocolate
- grated coconut
- various sprinkles
- Mikado chopsticks
- small ice cream waffles
It is very helpful if you fill the decoration in small bowls. This makes it much easier to decorate the cake pops after baking.$config[ads_text] not found
We baked our cake pops with a cake pop maker. The recipe for the dough is on the next page.
Of course you can also shape the balls without a special device. Here's the basic recipe for Cake Pops without Cake Pop Maker :
- 300 g of light or dark pie crust (60 g soft butter, 50 g natural yoghurt, 1 egg, 60 g sugar, 80 g flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tbsp cocoa powder) - alternatively a finished product or dry cake left over
- 60 g of soft butter
- 70 g of powdered sugar
- 140 g double cream cheese
- 1 tbsp rum or a few drops of baking flavor
Also: wooden sticks, Mikado or shashlik sticks
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C (circulating air 160 ° C). Lay out a springform pan with baking paper. Mix the butter, yoghurt, egg, sugar, flour, baking powder and cocoa in a large bowl with the hand mixer for about one minute to a soft dough. Spread this in the mold and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the cake and let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Finely crumble the cake. Now the butter, the sifted powdered sugar, cream cheese and rum with the hand mixer are thoroughly whisked for three minutes. With a spoon you can gradually stir as much of the resulting cream under the cake crumbs until the mass is well malleable. But it must not be too moist and should not stick to the hands when molding.
- Cut off 18 portions from the mixture and shape them round. Cool the balls for 30 minutes. Now put the wooden sticks into the balls and decorate as desired.
The following ingredients are needed for the dough, if you want to make your cake pops with a special device:
- 190 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g soft butter
- 225 g of sugar
- 1 pck of vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225 ml of milk
First you should mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla sugar …
… then add the remaining ingredients and stir until a smooth dough is formed.
The cake pop maker should be greased with some margarine or sunflower oil.
Afterwards, you can easily fill the dough with a spoon in the cavities. Then close the lid and bake the cake pops for about eight minutes. The scent in your kitchen now indicates how delicious the little balls will be.
And it not only smells great, the cake pops have also become golden brown! The cake balls are easy to remove.
If you want to turn cake pops into coconut shavings, you should do so right after baking. If the cakes are coated with egg yolk, the coconut flakes keep even better.
The hot cake pop must now be placed on stalks, Mikado or Schaschlikspieße and cool thoroughly before they can be decorated.
While the cakes are cooling down on the stalk, you can melt the couverture over a hot water bath. After that, the embellishment can start: First coat the cake pops with chocolate by turning the balls through the liquid mass. The cake pops should be covered as evenly as possible and dried a little before decorating with sprinkles or the like.
The chocolate balls should then be held over the respective bowl with decoration and sprinkled with colorful sprinkles, brittle or even chocolate flakes until they are completely covered. After that, the cake pops may be stuck in their special stands (or simply stuck in a block of polystyrene).
Play a little with the presentation of the cupcakes. Even in small ice cream croissants or chocolate cases, the balls look incredibly cute.
The cakes are especially good for the popular candy bars at weddings or other celebrations. They look cute, are made fast and just as fast nibbled. Your homemade cake pops should be consumed within three days. We wish you a lot of fun baking and decorating!
For more tips on cake pops, see the kitchen gods >>