Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread Bites (April 2019).
Biscuits are small biscuits that are very reminiscent of bread rolls. Since they are so small, they also go wonderfully as cookies - hearty cookies. The recipe can be found here.
Biscuits are prepared quickly and can be refined with many spices. Thus, they are made for the hearty Christmas bakery. This recipe uses Italian herbs, garlic and spicy cheddar cheese.
Recipe for spicy biscuits with Italian herbs
Ingredients for 12 biscuits$config[ads_text] not found
- 250 g flour
- 1 packet of baking soda
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- 240 ml of buttermilk
- 110 g of melted butter
- dried, Italian herbs
- a little black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees top and bottom heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, the baking powder, the sugar, the salt, the garlic granules and some black pepper. Then stir in the cheddar cheese. Then set the bowl aside.
- Now in a slightly smaller bowl mix the buttermilk and 100g of the melted butter with a whisk to a buttermilk mixture and then add these to the dry ingredients. Mix everything to a smooth dough.
- Now make biscuits (like cookies that are too big) from the dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for about ten minutes before the remaining butter is spread with a brush on the biscuits. Now distribute the Italian herbs and a little pepper on the biscuits. Then bake for another two minutes - done.