A colorful salad with many flavors and consistencies. If you do not get dried prawns, take fresh or frozen ones. The vegetarian version, without shrimp, is a delicious culinary delight. A great summer salad, which is prepared in no time and conjures Asian flair on the plate.
Tofu - what is it?
Tofu is made from soybeans and is appreciated by many vegetarians as a low-calorie protein supplier and meat substitute. In Asia, tofu is considered an important staple food and provides the basis of many vegetarian dishes, but often the food is also combined with meat and seafood.$config[ads_text] not found
Recipe for crisp salad with tofu, sprouts and papaya
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 360 g Burmese chickpea tofu, cut into strips
- 1 to 2 red onions
- neutral oil
- 200 g of fresh spinach or another leafy vegetable
- 400 g sprouts of green lentils or mung beans, alternatively a mixture
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 to 2 carrots
- 1 immature, green papaya
- 6 spring onions
- 1 bunch Thaibasilikum
- 1 bunch of coriander
For the dressing:
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 8 cm ginger, grated and squeezed out (only the juice)
- 1 ½ tsp of tamarind paste
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 handful of dried prawns
- 75 g peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl. If it should not be so hot, core the chili peppers before.
- Cut the tofu into pieces about 1 × 5 cm in size and marinate in the dressing.
- Peel the red onions, cut into thin slices and fry half of them in oil. Then fry the spinach until it is just soft, and proceed with the sprouts. Allow to cool slightly.
- Core the tomatoes and chop them roughly. Peel and chop the carrots and papaya. Chop the spring onions and the herbs. The best thing to mix by hand.
- Finely chop the prawns, the peanuts a bit coarser. In a dry pan, roast the chickpea flour until it smells nutty and has a color like moist sand. Sprinkle the salad with shrimp, peanuts and chickpea flour. Happy to serve a few limes split serve.
Whether as a starter, as an accompaniment to the grilled food or as a light snack during the lunch break - a crispy salad with a spicy vinaigrette is always. How about a fiery-spicy salad with mango and peanuts? If you like mediterranean, try the mussel salad with grilled zucchini or the bulgur salad with fresh basil.
Still no suitable recipe for you? Here are more delicious ideas for salads!