Roasted Fennel Recipe: The King Vegetable of Provence (May 2019).
Fennel not only contains many valuable vitamins, but also tastes delicious. In combination with your favorite vegetables and delicately melting cheese creates a tasty casserole - the pure pleasure!
If this recipe convinces you and you are a fan of the healthy fennel tuber anyway, then try out our numerous other fennel recipes. From chicken breasts for our meat fans over poached rays for our fish lovers to a delicious potato and fennel puree - everything is there - so do not hesitate to cook!$config[ads_text] not found
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 4 tubers of fennel
- 1 carrot or zucchini and a potato (or other vegetables of your choice)
- vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large ball mozzarella (ideally buffalo mozzarella)
- Planed Parmesan
- 2-3 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
- First pluck the hard leaves on the outer edge of the fennel tubers, remove the stalk and then pluck them into small leaves.
- Boil the vegetable stock in water and add the fennel. Let it cook for a few minutes until it is firm and, just before it is ready, add the carrot or zucchini. Of course you can also omit other vegetables and just enjoy the fennel. In the meantime, cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
- Now put the vegetables in a casserole dish and add a little of the broth. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. If necessary, you can also use salt, but be careful because the casserole by the vegetable broth already contains enough salt for most tastes.
- Now put the cream on the vegetables and place the mozzarella slices on top. Finally, the garlic clove with a press distribute on it and sprinkle the Parmesan over it.
- Put the casserole at 200 degrees in the oven and let it bake until the cheese is browned to your liking.
Our tip:This recipe can be served great as an appetizer, we recommend fresh baguette. Serve as a main course with fresh salad - good appetite!