Light vegan dishes will help you on your way to the desired weight. Discover our recipe for warm beetroot salad with celery and sesame.
- 1 small onion
- 2 small or 1 large garlic clove
- 300 g beetroot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 ml organic vegetable broth
- 1 packet of fresh cress
- 1 tbsp sesame
- 1 tsp Tahin (sesame)
- pepper from the grinder
Preparation time:approx. 45 min.$config[ads_text] not found
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic cloves. Clean the beetroots, wash and cut in 8 or 10 columns. Wash the celery, cut off the roots and cut the bars into small pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan. Fry the onion, garlic and celery for 2 min. Add beetroot and cook for 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Add the vegetable broth and simmer for about 30 minutes in a closed pot until the beetroot is soft but still firm.
- Cut off the watercress and wash, dab it dry. Put the cooked vegetables in a bowl (catch the cooking stock), mix the cress and the sesame. Whisk the Tahin with the cooking juice, season with salt and pepper and pour over the salad.
More recipes from the book "Vegan Slim":
- Grilled vegetables