Burgers can be delicious without meat. In our recipe, the patty is made simply with beetroot.
Makes 4 pieces
For the meatballs
- 300 g beetroot
- 1 small onion
1 clove of garlic
3-4 stems of basil
- 90 g coarse oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg (size M)
75 g feta sheep's cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
For the chilli mayonnaise$config[ads_text] not found
- 40 g mayonnaise
- 40 g yoghurt
- 2 tsp Harissa
1-2 teaspoons rose paprika
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- some lettuce leaves, white cabbage strips and mango slices
- Peel the red beets and grate on the grater. Peel and finely chop the onion and clove of garlic. Put beets, onions, garlic, oatmeal, basil, soy sauce and egg in a bowl. Crumble the feta with your fingers. Season with sea salt and the chilli flakes and mix everything thoroughly. Cover for about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the chili mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, harissa and rose paprika until smooth.
- Form patties from the beetroot mass with moistened hands. Heat the olive oil in a pan and roast the patties from both sides for 3 minutes each.
- Slicing the burger buns. Brush with a little chilli mayonnaise. Cover with lettuce leaves, beetroot patties, cabbage strips and mango slices and add some chili mayonnaise.
Discover more vegetarian and vegan recipes >>