6 Delicious Sweet Potato Recipes (March 2019).
Delicious, rich, healthy: the sweet potato. We have put together a few vegan recipes that will inspire you. Due to their orange color, these vegetables are not only great fun for children!
Originally sweet potatoes originate from South America, but are now grown in Spain, Portugal and Italy. Their name is due to their sweet taste and their external similarity with the potato. From a botanical point of view, the sweet potato, however, comes from a different family than the normal potato.$config[ads_text] not found
The power potato
Sweet potatoes are real health miracles: They contain important nutrients and vital substances such as manganese, iron, biotin and vitamins C, E, B2 and B6. In particular, the antioxidants contained have a positive effect on the body, in addition, the vegetables should lower the cholesterol level and also positively influence the blood sugar level.
It is high time that we leave this healthy and delicious vegetables in our saucepan! We have some great vegan recipes for you, with sweet potato playing the lead role.
Vegan sweet potato ginger soup
- 800g sweet potatoes
- 30g ginger
- 1 onion
- 800ml vegetable broth
- 200ml coconut milk
- cayenne pepper
1. Peel the onion and mince it, as well as the ginger. Stir both with two tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Add the vegetables to the onion and ginger. The sweet potato has to be steamed for a short time.
3. Finally, clear everything with the vegetable broth and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Puree the vegetables with a blender as soon as it is cooked. Then the coconut milk is added.
4. Taste the sweet potato ginger soup with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Vegan sweet potato curry
- 800g sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 300ml vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 ml)
- 100g red lentils
- 300g frozen princess beans
- 300g pears
- Salt pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 2 cm pieces. The onion is also peeled and diced.
2. Braise the onion in a little glassy oil, then add the curry and simmer for a short time. Then add the sweet potatoes. After another short stew, pour in the broth and coconut milk, let the liquid boil and cook the vegetables for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook the lentils according to the packing instructions. In addition, infuse the frozen beans with hot water.
4. Wash the pears, quarter them and cut into 1 cm pieces.
5. After the 10 minutes cooking time, add the beans to the sweet potatoes and let them cook for 6 minutes. Then add the pears and cook for 2 minutes. The lentils are poured into a sieve, drained and lifted under the curry. Taste the curry with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
French fries from sweet potatoes
- Sweet potatoes, quantity of your choice (2-3 per person)
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into French fries. Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
2. Sprinkle the chopsticks with a little oil, sprinkle them with salt and, optionally, also with paprika powder.
3. Bake the sweet potato fries at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes in the oven.