Maple-Sriracha Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberry Wild Rice | Vegan Holiday Cooking (March 2019).
Instead of the fat roast comes this year over the Christmas holidays a delicious vegan nut roast on the table! A little vegan aioli and a little brussels sprouts - the main Christmas dish is ready, which does not require any animal products.
The trend is towards a conscious diet that involves fewer and fewer animal products. This approach not only has a positive effect on the animal and the environment, it also benefits our organism and digestion. During Advent and Christmas, we tend to hit hard while eating. That's where the recipe for vegan nut roast comes in handy! Replace this classic Christmas roast with a much healthier nut roast. Vegan aioli and Brussels sprouts make the dish perfect.$config[ads_text] not found
Recipe for vegan nut roast
ingredients for 4 persons
- 280 g soya granules, dry
- 200 g of hazelnuts
- 100 g of walnuts
- 20 g vegan butter (eg Alsan) or margarine
- 60 g of carrots
- 40g onions
- 40 g of dried white bread from the previous day
- 20 ml of soy cream
- 30 g mustard
- 20 g of tomato paste
- 12 g of seitan powder
- 2 MS guar gum
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- some paprika powder
- a little salt and pepper
- a little caraway
- Cut the carrots, onions and nuts into fine cubes or chop. Then pour the dry soy with 150 ml of boiling water and let it swell for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, melt the vegan butter and sauté the onion and carrot cubes. Season with a little salt and pepper. As soon as the onion cubes take on color, add the chopped nuts and roast for 3 to 5 minutes and then add to the soy in the bowl.
- Now crumble the dry bread and add it together with the soy cream, the mustard and the tomato paste to the nut roast mixture. Knead everything thoroughly with your hands.
- Now add the seitan powder and the Guakernmehl and again knead well. Season with parsley, paprika, caraway, salt and pepper and bring into shape.
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the roast brown on all sides. Then bake at 180 degrees top and bottom heat for 15 minutes on a medium rack in the oven.
Recipe for vegan aioli
ingredients for 4 persons
- 400 g silk tofu
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil (chilled)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 20 ml soy cream (chilled)
- Mix the silk tofu in a blender or with a blender to a creamy mass, while slowly adding the vegetable oil.
- Add the soy cream and mix everything.
- Peel the garlic cloves and add to the aioli with a garlic press. Stir well.
- Ideally, cool the aioli for a few hours until the consistency is creamy.
Tip for the Brussels sprouts:
Remove the stem of Brussels sprouts, wash the Brussels sprouts and peel something. Then fry the cabbage in a pan with vegan butter or margarine for a few minutes. Then deglaze with vegetable stock and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes in the pan until the water is finally evaporated. Finally, simmer again in butter, season with a little nutmeg and salt and serve with the nut roast. Good Appetite!